Psalm 1

Blessed is the man who delights in the Lord's Law.  Law = Torah, the whole counsel of God, and all that He teaches.  Makes me think of being disciples to Jesus.  Disciples are students. Our desire is to not despise preaching and God's Word, but to hold it sacred and gladly hear and learn it and then to live in it.

He is like a tree planted by streams of water.  The water of life is easily accessed and keeps us strong . . . but also dependent.  We rely on the Word of God to give us life and we cannot stray far from it or we will die.

The comparison between the wicked and the righteous makes me think of how often I have compromised when I knew that I shouldn't.  There is one "way" and one "path" - Jesus.  We stand strong in what He teaches about forgiveness, salvation, God's will, life, etc.

Father in Heaven, help me to be like a tree drinking deeply and finding my life in the Water of Life - Jesus Himself!  Help me to love what you teach and fill my mind and heart with all things that are from you so that when those who do not love your Word or those who doubt come along I will know what is right and not be moved by their influence.  Amen.  

Comments