Mea Culpa . . . again

For those of you who read this blog with regularity . . . or at least try to . . . I apologize for not having updated for a while. 

I am a little overwhelmed with school work and preparing for Christmas right now.  In addition to that, I'm having a hard time digging into Leviticus. 

Over the last few months I've struggled with blogging, partly because some of these Old Testament books just take a lot more thought, and range into some little used areas.  And I'm tired.  (What idiot registered for classes that he'd have to study for during Advent?  Oh, that'd be me.)

I have decided to take a break from Leviticus.  I will come back to it.  There are some incredible nuggets for us to mine there!  But for now, I think I'd like to turn to the Psalms. 

I've been thinking a lot about prayer recently.  Strike that.  I've thought and had questions about prayer for most of my life.  I rarely feel like my prayers are very good.  I often feel I don't pray enough.  And when I do pray, I sometimes feel like my prayers are wrong-footed. 

The Psalms have been the prayerbook of God's people for . . . well . . . forever!  And I've never really focused on the Psalms, which is a shame.  There is beautiful stuff there. 

So, there it is.  I'm going to take the next couple weeks off from the blog, but will come back to it on January 2.  That is, as my dear friend Jim Van Dellen says, "God willing, and the creek don't rise!"

Until then, God bless us as we celebrate Jesus' birth and the mystery of the Incarnation - that our God took on Human flesh to save us from our sins!

Comments