Four Things on Friday


Full disclosure, I am "borrowing" this idea from Mr. Tim Ferris, to whose podcast I occasionally listen. He puts out a weekly email called Five Bullet Friday in which he briefly highlights five things that have his attention. So, as imitation is the highest form of flattery, I am grateful for Mr. Ferris's idea and am shamelessly copying his idea. 

Four Things on Friday

February 22, 2019

An Interesting Article/Podcast

The Dying Experience – Myths and Answers

I heard this episode for the first time in January 2016. I remember walking on the Prayer Path listening to this interview with Barbara Karnes, a hospice nurse and the author of several books about dying. It was fascinating. I shared it with the Funeral Planning Class this week, and thought I’d share it with you. You can listen at the link below, or, if you scroll down, there is a transcript.

Bible Verse I’m Pondering

Luke 6:36 – “Be merciful just as also your Father is merciful.”

One Good Thing This Week

A while ago, I noticed a Facebook post from my friend Matt Pallo about helping to pack Bulldog Bags. Bulldog Bags are bags of food that get sent home with students who receive meal assistance in Stow-Munroe Falls School District to help them have enough food for the weekend. There are between 500-600 students with that need in SMF Schools. Today I got to help pack those bags. (I tied off the bags at the end, after they were filled.) It’s a really good program, and I hope Gloria Dei will be able to help with Bulldog Bags in the near future. We’re also looking into Hudson’s version of the same program.
It’s always a good thing to help the kids in our communities.

Looking Forward to Sunday

This is a special Sunday at Gloria Dei. Ten of our children will receive the Lord’s Supper for the first time! (An eleventh will have her First Communion next month.) We give thanks to God for His work in the lives of these children, their families, and our congregation!

Our Scripture readings for the Seventh Sunday after Epiphany are:
Genesis 45:3-15
1 Corinthians 15:12-16, 30-42
Luke 6:27-38

The sermon is: Raised

Comments