March 29 - Four Things on Friday


An Interesting Article/Podcast
Ed Stetzer is a researcher and supporter of mission work and church planting. He holds the Billy Graham Distinguished Chair of Church, Mission, and Evangelism at Wheaton College. I find him to be very insightful. He recently published a book called Christians in the Age of Outrage. I have not yet read the book, but I’ve seen comments and articles, like the one I have linked to here, that lead me to believe that he is telling us something important about how we Christians respond to the pressures, accusations, and struggles of living in a changing culture – a culture that is sometimes outrageous and to which we too often respond with outrage.

Quote I’m Pondering
“Arise and eat, for the journey is too great for you.” – the angel of the LORD to Elijah when he ran away in fear. 1 Kings 19:7.

One Good Thing This Week
On Tuesday, I took a run on the Prayer Path. If you follow the loop around the perimeter of our property, it comes to just over half-a-mile. It was the first time that I have been back there since last fall. At that point, the path was hard to pass because of all the fallen trees. Bob Brantsch has had two workdays in the past month or so. He and his crew have cleared the path and it is easily passable now.

Here at the end of winter and the beginning of spring things are still pretty gray and dead, but along the path one can see life as spring bulbs poke up through the leaves. The property we have is a great blessing and a beautiful reminder of our Creator’s loving work to sustain the earth, and our privilege of being stewards of creation.

Our Scripture readings for the Third Sunday of Lent are:
Over the years, I have learned that those who read the Scripture lessons and spend a little time thinking about them before church on Sunday get more out of the service.
The sermon is: My Salvation

Comments