April 19 - Four Things on Friday


An Interesting Article/Podcast
Today is Good Friday. The timeliness of the article is obvious. It comes from the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) and was originally published on March 21, 1986. (Good Friday was March 28 that year.) A pastor in the circuit I served in when I was in Michigan gave a report on this article one year and it blew me away to understand the science behind Jesus’ crucifixion. Fair warning the article is graphic, but not sensationally.  

Quote I’m Pondering
“It is finished.” – Jesus

One Good Thing This Week
I was really hoping that my One Good Thing would be announcing that we had our approval from the Zoning Board to move into our next steps for construction. Alas, it was not to be. To my ears the two main concerns are the placement of the gas and oil tanks and the sidewalk from the road to our front door that Hudson is requesting. That being said, the conversation was good. They tabled their vote, and we have got some work to do between now and the next meeting to get supporting evidence showing our requests are reasonable. So, that is good.

On a simpler note, it is always good to appreciate the beauty of God’s creation, which we get to enjoy with our property. Along the Prayer Path there are some of the most beautiful daffodils I have ever seen. I do not know if this is a good year for daffodils … if that is even a thing. I do know that they are scattered here and there in the woods and their bright yellow stands out in a lovely contrast to the faded fall and winter ground cover.

Our Scripture readings for Easter Sunday are:
Over the years, I have learned that those who read the Scripture lessons and spend a little time thinking about them before church on Sunday get more out of the service.
The sermon is: The Living Among the Dead

Comments