May 24 - Four Things on Friday


Four Things on Friday
May 24, 2019

An Interesting Article/Podcast
I am beginning to find that my ability to stay up on technology is lagging. Early in my ministry I argued to get the internet and email at the church. I was an early adopter of MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter. I have dabbled with video communication, but this interview has me thinking about how we might make better use of this technology to share the Gospel with our members and the curious.

Quote I’m Pondering
“The law says, ‘Do this,’ and it is never done. Grace says, ‘Believe this,’ and everything is already done.” – M. Luther, Thesis 26 of the Heidelberg Disputation

One Good Thing This Week
Every Tuesday we have a staff meeting. We generally spend time reading the Bible, praying, and talking about our work and upcoming events. For the past few weeks we have been one person shy in our meeting because Esther Williamson had dislocated her shoulder and was recuperating. This Tuesday she was back with us. It is always such a joy to have Esther in these meetings. He faith, way of life, and positive attitude inspire us. She’s not back to 100% yet, but we are very blessed to have her as our deaconess.

Our Scripture readings for Sixth Sunday of Easter are:
Over the years, I have learned that those who read the Scripture lessons and spend a little time thinking about them before church on Sunday get more out of the service.
The sermon is: Tribulation and Peace

Comments