August 2 - Four Things on Friday


Four Things on Friday
August 2, 2019

An Interesting Article/Podcast
Joshua Harris caused quite a stir in 1997 when he wrote I Kissed Dating Goodbye. It was hugely popular in Evangelical circles. Harris sold more than 1.2 million copies. Sadly, Harris has again caused a stir by stating that he is no longer a Christian. He has fallen away from the Faith. People have responded to this as people often do, seeing Harris’s fall as an inevitable conclusion of whatever theological axe they have to grind with him. I share this article because I feel it is a better response.

Quote I’m Pondering
The world seems to be ending as we know it and everyone’s talking about Cats. – Jeff Mallinson, Professor of Theology at Concordia University, Irvine, CA

One Good Thing This Week
We broke ground!

Sunday was beautiful on so many fronts: weather, worship, music, communion, food, picnic, and the groundbreaking. I’ve said it before, and I’ll keep saying it – I am so glad to be part of Gloria Dei! I love that we are seeking to grow in faith, to grow the kingdom, and to reach more people with the Gospel.

Our Scripture readings for the 8th Sunday after Pentecost are:
Over the years I have learned that those who read the Scripture lessons and spend a little time thinking about them before church on Sunday get more out of the service.
Matthew 28:16-20
Isaiah 6:1-4
Romans 8:14-17
Psalm 118:

The sermon is: The Art of Living By Faith: I Believe

Comments