September 20 - Four Things on Friday


Four Things on Friday
September 20, 2019

An Interesting Article
I hope that this does not seem self-serving, but this link will take you to the paper that I presented at the Theological Symposium at Concordia Seminary, St. Louis this past Wednesday. This was the biggest thing on my mind this week, and most of my reading was related to it. I intended to record myself giving the presentation, but was so nervous that I forgot to hit record when the time came. I hope you find this interesting and helpful. And if it feels self-serving, please forgive me. I don’t intend to share my writing here usually.  

Quote I’m Pondering
“There is more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.” – Jesus

One Good Thing This Week
This was hard for me. I was gone for most of the week. I discussed the week with Becka and the conclusion was that, “It was a quiet week here in Lake Wobegon.” MOPS meet, there was a Council Meeting, the Interior Design Committee Met, there were conversations with the city, ministry happened, bulletins were printed and stuffed. In short, we did what we do. To God be the glory!

Our Scripture readings for the 15th Sunday after Pentecost are:
Over the years I have learned that those who read the Scripture lessons and spend a little time thinking about them before church on Sunday get more out of the service.

The sermon is: The Lord Has Sworn

Comments