September 6 - Four Things on Friday


Four Things on Friday
September 6, 2019

An Interesting Article
At our Council Retreat this summer our Congregational President, Mike Emch, challenged each board to think more positively and to consider what we might give up in order to do our work better. I’ve been thinking a lot about that, and when this article showed up in my Facebook feed it seemed like a good one to read, and, having read it, to share.

Verse I’m Pondering
“See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil.” – Moses’s farewell sermon, also known as Deuteronomy. (Deut 30:15)

One Good Thing This Week
Our preschoolers returned to class this week, and our Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) had their first meeting of the year. Wednesday the building was buzzing with activity, which is always exciting. I had the opportunity to do devotions with the preschoolers. (Bob gets them next week.) We talked about Jesus welcoming the little children and I emphasized God’s love for them.

I play guitar when I do devotions. I also play for the MOPS children. It was good to play and sing while they did motions, danced, and sang along.

Our Scripture readings for the 13th Sunday after Pentecost are:
Over the years I have learned that those who read the Scripture lessons and spend a little time thinking about them before church on Sunday get more out of the service.

The sermon is: Life and Death

Comments