November 22 - Four Things on Friday


Four Things on Friday
November 22, 2019

An Interesting Article/Podcast
Chad Bird is a former pastor, current truck driver, and a good theologian. In this article he explores the question stated in the title, “How do I know I’m a Christian?” His answer is challenging and important.

Quote I’m Pondering
“Precisely because religion is so inspiring & meaningful to people, it can be harmful & sometimes traumatizing when done badly. This is why we need more training in the defense against the dark arts.”—Jeff Mallinson

One Good Thing This Week
This has been a crazy week for me. There has been a lot of personal stuff going on with my family; especially my mom’s surgery. (Which went well!) In the midst of all the sturm und drang it was such a blessing that so many members of our congregation asked about my mom and told me they were praying for her. It is deeply appreciated by me and by Mom. The love and support that we show for one another in time of need is definitely a good thing.

Our Scripture readings for the Last Sunday of the Church Year are:
Over the years I have learned that those who read the Scripture lessons and spend a little time thinking about them before church on Sunday get more out of the service.

The sermon is: Distinctly Mine

Comments