COVID-19 Update for 3/16


Sisters and Brothers in Christ,

The government’s proclamations continue to change in response to COVID-19, and our responses change, too, at Gloria Dei.

·        We will not be celebrating the Lord’s Supper in our public worship for the next two Sundays. We hope to return to our practice of weekly Communion on Palm Sunday (April 5), but we will assess the situation over the next two weeks.

·        We will continue to live stream our services. I am very thankful that Jeremy Russell has made that possible, and that Becka got the liturgy posted, too. We will also provide DVD’s of our worship services to those without internet access. If need be, we will supply a DVD player.

·        I will be posting some devotional material throughout the week. You will find them at https://lotrittens.blogspot.com/. There will also be links on the church’s Facebook page.

·        We want to stay in touch. Phone calls will be made to check on all our members. We also encourage letter writing to those from church you know will not be in worship. Look out for one another. Loneliness is rough.

·        If you are at all sick, at risk, or exposed to COVID-19, stay home! Please let us know so we can pray for you and help you, but do not put yourself or others at risk.

·        Pray.

·        Wash your hands.

On a personal note. I want to say thank you to you all for your patience. I hate to admit that I don’t know what I am doing in this situation, but I don’t think anyone knows and we’re all muddling our way through it together. I am extremely grateful for the wise guidance I have received from Gill Solem; her expertise has been a great blessing in this process. I also thank God for the many insights and great help from our staff, ministry leaders, and members.

The strangeness of the situation has hit me hard a couple times. I am thinking about Psalm 46, the Psalm that has been a part of our Lenten Midweek services: God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. When I read through this Psalm, I am encouraged that our troubles have not escaped God’s notice. He is with us in the best and the worst of life. I take heart that, in the end, everything will be okay. Which is not to say that nothing bad will happen to us, but that, even if it does we have hope in Christ’s resurrection. These days help me to look to that resurrection when this frailty and futility will be cast off and we shall be like Jesus.

God’s peace be with you!

Pastor Tritten

Comments