Reading Acts for Easter

2022 Easter Bible Readings

In the Morning

Make the Sign of the Cross and say, “In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.”

Read: We were buried therefore with [Jesus] by baptism into death, in order that, just as [He] was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have been united with Him in a death like His, we shall certainly be united with Him in a resurrection like His. – Romans 6:4-5

Pray the Lord’s Prayer.

You might also recite the Apostles’ Creed, pray Luther’s Morning Prayer, and/or sing a hymn. This may also be a good time for you to pray the prayers that are on your heart and mind.

Sometime During the Day

Read the appointed reading for the day.

You might ask the following questions:

-        How do the people in the reading speak about/react to Jesus’ crucifixion resurrection?

-        What does the text say about the Holy Spirit?

-        How does God use persecution/suffering in the early church?

-        How is God’s Law proclaimed in the reading?

-        How is the Gospel proclaimed?

-        How might the message of this reading apply to your life and the life of God’s people today?

 

¨ April 18 – Acts 1

¨ April 19 – Acts 2:1-21

¨ April 20 – Acts 2:22-47

¨ April 21 – Acts 3

¨ April 22 – Acts 4:1-31

¨ April 23 – Acts 4:32-5:16

April 24 – 2nd Sunday of Easter

¨ April 25 – Acts 5:17-42

¨ April 26 – Acts 6

¨ April 27 – Acts 7:1-22

¨ April 28 – Acts 7:23-43

¨ April 29 – Acts 7:44-8:3

¨ April 30 – Acts 8:4-25

May 1 – 3rd Sunday of Easter

¨ May 2 – Acts 8:26-40

¨ May 3 – Acts 9:1-22

¨ May 4 – Acts 9:23-43

¨ May 5 – Acts 10:1-33

¨ May 6 – Acts 10:34-11:18

¨ May 7 – Acts 11:19-12:25

May 8 – 4th Sunday of Easter

¨ May 9 – Acts 13:1-25

¨ May 10 – Acts 13:26-52

¨ May 11 – Acts 14

¨ May 12 – Acts 15:1-35

¨ May 13 – Acts 15:36-16:15

¨ May 14 – Acts 16:16-40

May 15 – 5th Sunday of Easter

¨ May 16 – Acts 17:1-21

¨ May 17 – Acts 17:22-34

¨ May 18 – Acts 18:1-23

¨ May 19 – Acts 18:24-19:20

¨ May 20 – Acts 19:21-41

¨ May 21 – Acts 20

May 22 – 6th Sunday of Easter

¨ May 23 – Acts 21:1-26

¨ May 24 – Acts 21:2-21

¨ May 25 – Acts 21:22-23:11

¨ May 26 – Ascension Day: Luke 24:50-53

¨ May 27 – Acts 23:12-35

¨ May 28 – Acts 24

May 29 – 7th Sunday of Easter

¨ May 30 – Acts 25

¨ May 31 – Acts 26

¨ June 1 – Acts 27:1-26

¨ June 2 – Acts 27:27-44

¨ June 3 – Acts 28:1-16

¨ June 4 – Acts 28:17-31

June 5 – Pentecost Sunday

In the Evening

Make the Sign of the Cross and say, “In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.”

Read: If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. – Colossians 3:1-4

Pray the Lord’s Prayer.

You might also recite the Apostles’ Creed, pray Luther’s Evening Prayer, and/or just rest for the remainder of the evening. This may also be a good time for you to pray the prayers that are on your heart and mind.


The Lord’s Prayer

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name, Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Luther’s Morning Prayer

I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have kept me this night from all harm and danger; and I pray that You would keep me this day also from sin and every evil, that all my doings and life may please You. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen.

Luther’s Evening Prayer

I thank You, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have graciously kept me this day; and I pray that You would forgive me all my sins where I have done wrong, and graciously keep me this night. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let Your holy angel be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen.

The Apostles’ Creed

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.

And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell. The third day He rose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty. From thence He will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Christian church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.


 

Comments